As we come close to the end of another school year the Johnstown Parents Association are busier
than ever. Between now and the end of June we have the boys & girls communion breakfasts,
the new parents night in both schools, the 6th class graduations and the 6th class social and ice cream day.
The JPA has already given each school €2000 to put towards facilities and programmes for your
children and we would like to make another contribution before the end of the year.
In order to do all these things for the children, we rely on the parents support throughout the year.
We have one more fundraising event before the end of the year and we need your help. Based on
the success of last year’s big raffle we have decided to run it again. We already have some great
prizes from businesses far and wide but to make this a real success we need more.
If you own your own business or work for a generous employer you may be able to help!
We are still looking for prizes or monetary amounts to allow us to purchase prizes for the raffle.
We will list all businesses that support the JPA on our website and Facebook page. Please lend us your support.
Please contact Caroline 087 2299796 or Tim 087 9040491 if you would like to donate a prize.
We will be sending the raffle tickets home in the children’s bags over the next number of weeks.
The Rainbow Unicorns, otherwise known,
Funds raised can now be put towards hosting more events for the boys and girls.
We would like to extend our gratitude and a huge thank you (AGAIN), to Mr Clancy for taking the time and to be our Quizmaster and Mr Geoghagan for taking time to correct all the score sheets.
Also, to our sponsors:
O’Briens Off Licence
Ballance Hair & Beauty
Silver jewellery Ireland
Please support our/your sponsors! And many thanks for the lovely prizes.
And not to forget all our families that supported our event and made it a success! Looking forward to our next event, watch this space……🤗
Your JPA have worked very hard to make the Quiz Night a fun filled family night out!
We have had prizes donated from far and wide to include:
-squirrel scramble voucher
-cooks academy voucher
-boiler service vouchers
Plus many more….
We need your help!! Please support our quiz night fundraiser and let’s make it happen as we would love to be able to host upcoming events such as:
-ice cream day
-6th class social
We will be holding a fantastic raffle on the night as well as hotdogs and goodie bags for the kids and not to forget a cuppa for the not so little ones!
Please call Elaine ASAP to book your table: 0876290254
We can’t wait to see you there!
Come and see if you can claim the Leo Clancy Cup!
Friday 27th April at 7.30p.m. sharp
Venue: Boys School Hall
€20 per table of 4
Tables can be booked with Elaine on 087 629 0254
Enjoy a great night with a super raffle, tea & coffee, hot dogs, goodie bags and lots of fun.
We are limited on the number of tables so please book early to avoid disappointment.
Please share with other parents that might have an interest.
All money raised goes back into our schools (just as a reminder) 😉
The JPA held an art competition for all the boys and girls just before the holidays. The artwork was super and the kids put a lot of effort into it!
Below you will see the pictures that were chosen as the finalists of each category and I think you’ll agree the children were very creative and imaginative.
The prizes were:
1st prize (younger groups) €25 Smyths voucher
2nd prize (younger groups) €15 Smyths voucher
3rd prize (younger groups) €10 Smyths voucher
4th prize Easter egg
1st prize (older groups) €25 Lifestyle Sports voucher
2nd prize (older groups) €15 Lifestyle Sports voucher
3rd prize (older groups) €10 Lifestyle Sports voucher
4th prize Easter egg
We would like to wish everybody a Happy Easter and a well-deserved break!
Looking forward to the new term and exciting events ahead.
First, we have the Girls Submissions.
And the Boys Submissions.
An amazing raffle has been organised and is open to everyone. The raffle tickets can be purchased from the boy’s school office if you’re interested entering the draw. The draw will take place Thursday night, weather permitting!
- Return flights for 2 to London City with City Jet
- Dalkey Castle family pass
- €40 Benitos voucher Dalkey
- Gift from Aldi Sallynoggin
- Prize from Igo Cafe Sallynoggin
- 2 x €10 San Siro Chipper vouchers Sallynoggin
- Floral arrangement from Bloomingdales Florist Dalkey
- Seapoint clinic teeth whitening voucher value €195
- National Concert Hall Tickets
- 2 x 10 adult full access pass Shoreline leisure centre Bray value €67 each
- 2 x 10 child swim passes Shoreling leisure centre Bray value €36 each
- Lunch for 2 Hartleys Restaurant Dun Laoghaire
- 2 x Grafton vouchers for Shampoo, restyle, blow-dry, head and neck massage
- €25 Bombay Pantry voucher
- €25 voucher Lighthouse Cafe Cherrywood
- Family pass Squirrel Scramble Kilruddery value €58
- Early bird for 2 people Bhansagar Cabinteely value €30.90
- €20 Curry Garden takeaway Dun Laoghaire Voucher
- 6 class voucher value €55 Primal x fitness Sallynoggin
- 12 class voucher value €100 Primal x fitness Sallynoggin
- Lamber Puppet Theatre Vouchers
- Box Milk Tray chocolates from Spar Glenageary
- €25 Dominos voucher Glenageary
- Clara Lara family day pass incl. Gold bands value €132
- Afternoon Tea for 2 Killiney Castle
- 2 x 1-month vouchers for Elite Sports and Nutrition Gym value €99 each
- 3-month membership for Underground Fitness Gym
- €30 Peter Mark’s Voucher
- 4 tickets to Pavillion Theatre Dun Laoghaire ‘princess bride’ show
- €25 Graduate voucher
- 3 x 3 gym passes Rochestown Lodge Hotel Fitness and Lesuire Centre
- 3-month gym membership to The Club Gym, Killiney Castle
A BIG thank you to all the businesses that kindly donated prizes,
The JPA would like to sincerely thank all of our calendar sponsors – logo’s and links to their websites are available on https://jpaconnect.com/calendar-sponsors/
Happy, Peaceful and Prosperous 2018 everyone!