We would like to welcome everyone back to the new school year and a special welcome to the new parents joining the school.
We hope all the boys and girls have settled back in nicely. It’s going to be another fun & exciting year with all our events and new plans!!!
We would like to bring your attention to a very important event coming up:
Annual General Meeting.
The 2018 JPA AGM details are as follows:
Date: Thursday 20th September
Venue: Johnstown Boys School
As the majority of the committee members are leaving this year, your Parents Association needs you!
The following is just a brief idea as to what is involved with being a member:
– One evening a month for meetings
– Willing to help with organising the fun activities for the boys and girls
– Helping to support the school social events
– Enthusiasm and a team player
The JPA raises approximately €10,000 per annum which is shared between the schools.
These funds are paid towards:
• Ice Cream day
• Communion and Confirmation breakfasts
• School Graduation
• Easter Art Competition
• 6th Class Social
• School Donations
Without new committee members, none of this can happen. We encourage you all to come along to the AGM.
James, Paula, Lynne, Bernadette, Elaine, Siobhan, Caroline, Fiona, Gemma, Tim & Joe.
The Johnstown Parents Association AGM is now
on the 17th October at 7.30pm in the boy’s school hall.
SAVE THE DATE………..
Johnstown Parents’ Association AGM takes place Tuesday 26th September at 7.30pm in the boys school hall.
All welcome! Tea/coffee will be served. We look forward to seeing everyone there, JPA.
Please contact us if you’d like to join and be an active member of our school association.
Notice is hereby given that the Extraordinary General Meeting of the JPA, to be held at the Meadow on Thursday 29th September, 2016 at 8.10 pm for the following purpose;
1. To approve the proposed amendment to the Constitution to change the Committee members from 10 to 14. The proposal and 30 signatures required for this have been received.
Agenda for the Meeting of the JPA, to be held at the Boys school on the 21st September, 2016 at 8.15 p.m.
- Welcome to new committee members & class reps
- Review of constitution to allow for more than 10 committee members
- Discussion on IT improvements following Joe Garde’s offer of help
- Discussion on advertising businesses – clarifying our policy, following requests
- Discussion on organising and supporting a parent led Confirmation party
- Strictly Come dancing discussion
- Pop Up Cafe discussion and setting dates
- Commencing work on the calendar
- Setting date for 1st table quiz
- Any other business
- Date for next meeting
Minutes of the AGM of the JPA held at The Girls School Hall on the 14th September, 2016 at 7p.m.
- The Chairman addressed the meeting thanking the JPA, school staff and parents for their support. It was noted that although the attendance was good in comparison to other years it was low in proportion to the numbers of pupils.
- The income and expenses of JPA were distributed and reviewed with a combined contribution of €8,000 being made and donated to the schools.
- 6th Class Social
- This is confirmed as taking place in the Boys school hall from 8-10pm on Thursday 30th June
- The committee elections took place with the following members being elected;
- James Dunne as Chairman
- Natalie Greenan as Secretary
- Lynn Lawlor was as Treasurer
- David Horan as co-treasurer
- Emer Fitzgerald as vice-chairperson (in her absence)
- Brianan Byrne
- Elaine Murray
- Lynne Murto
- Bernadette Cummins
- Edwina Mullan
- Alison Kearney
- Caroline Vance
- Paula Koechlin
- Stefan Teehan
It was noted that the constitution only allows 10 committee members but that this could and should be amended.
Carolann Kestell and Alan Brady stood down as Committee members. Their contribution was noted and much appreciated.
- Joe Garde volunteered to help re-vamp the JPA website and his help was gratefully accepted.
- Some parents had questions for the principals who undertook to reply to any queries directly.
- The first JPA meeting was arranged (post AGM) for Wednesday 21st September at 8.15pm at the Boys School.