Please book your tickets as soon as you can by sending James a text – he will make arrangements with you for collection. At 10.00 euros per person and all proceeds going to the schools – Food and Entertainment by BIG Digger is included in the cover charge. Please support – this great opportunity to meet each other socially and have some fun too !
To purchase tickets either email email@example.com or send money in to the school in an envelope marked JPA with your details: Child’s name, class and teacher.
This year the event is being held upstairs in The Graduate from 8pm on Friday 27 th January.
The price of €10 includes finger food and entertainment from Big Digger.
This is a great opportunity to support the school and get to know other parents so please show your support!
Notice is hereby given that the Extraordinary General Meeting of the JPA, to be held at the Meadow on Thursday 29th September, 2016 at 8.10 pm for the following purpose;
1. To approve the proposed amendment to the Constitution to change the Committee members from 10 to 14. The proposal and 30 signatures required for this have been received.
Agenda for the Meeting of the JPA, to be held at the Boys school on the 21st September, 2016 at 8.15 p.m.
- Welcome to new committee members & class reps
- Review of constitution to allow for more than 10 committee members
- Discussion on IT improvements following Joe Garde’s offer of help
- Discussion on advertising businesses – clarifying our policy, following requests
- Discussion on organising and supporting a parent led Confirmation party
- Strictly Come dancing discussion
- Pop Up Cafe discussion and setting dates
- Commencing work on the calendar
- Setting date for 1st table quiz
- Any other business
- Date for next meeting
Minutes of the AGM of the JPA held at The Girls School Hall on the 14th September, 2016 at 7p.m.
- The Chairman addressed the meeting thanking the JPA, school staff and parents for their support. It was noted that although the attendance was good in comparison to other years it was low in proportion to the numbers of pupils.
- The income and expenses of JPA were distributed and reviewed with a combined contribution of €8,000 being made and donated to the schools.
- 6th Class Social
- This is confirmed as taking place in the Boys school hall from 8-10pm on Thursday 30th June
- The committee elections took place with the following members being elected;
- James Dunne as Chairman
- Natalie Greenan as Secretary
- Lynn Lawlor was as Treasurer
- David Horan as co-treasurer
- Emer Fitzgerald as vice-chairperson (in her absence)
- Brianan Byrne
- Elaine Murray
- Lynne Murto
- Bernadette Cummins
- Edwina Mullan
- Alison Kearney
- Caroline Vance
- Paula Koechlin
- Stefan Teehan
It was noted that the constitution only allows 10 committee members but that this could and should be amended.
Carolann Kestell and Alan Brady stood down as Committee members. Their contribution was noted and much appreciated.
- Joe Garde volunteered to help re-vamp the JPA website and his help was gratefully accepted.
- Some parents had questions for the principals who undertook to reply to any queries directly.
- The first JPA meeting was arranged (post AGM) for Wednesday 21st September at 8.15pm at the Boys School.